Gigabyte laptops look very good on paper. It seems that the brand has many options not only for hardcore gamers, but also for content creators. However, it is not as easy for Gigabyte to compete with established gaming brands like Alienware, Razer or MSI, as these companies currently dominate the laptop gaming market. In addition, since Gigabyte is a lesser-known brand, many gamers doubt its build quality. Nevertheless, we can definitely say that the manufacturer makes very good computers. But, unfortunately, not everyone can afford them.
Who Makes Gigabyte Laptops?
Gigabyte, formerly GIGABYTE Technology Co., Ltd, is a Taiwanese technology and hardware giant founded in 1986 by Pei – Cheng Yeh. The company manufactures and distributes various computer hardware products, including desktop computers, laptops, peripherals, tablets, ultrabooks, power supplies and other technologies. However, Gigabyte is best known for its motherboards. In addition, the company is mainly oriented towards businesses and consumers. They also produce graphics cards in collaboration with NVIDIA and AMD. In addition, they have a subsidiary, Aorus, which manages the game line. Aorus is a registered sub-brand of Gigabyte and is owned by Aorus Pte. Ltd. – a company based in Singapore. Coming from Gigabyte, Aorus specializes in the manufacture of gaming hardware such as more affordable gaming laptops, GPUs, coolers, gaming motherboards, etc.
What Distinguishes Gigabyte Laptops
Are Gigabyte laptops good? Of course, Gigabyte is a great brand, but it all depends on how you are going to use your computer. Gigabyte machines are the best for gamers and content creators because of their high-quality components, including powerful GPUs and massive storage. But it also has major disadvantages, including the price. By the way, new models devalue quite quickly over time.
Let’s take a closer look at the shortcomings and advantages of Gigabyte laptops below:
- The brand is known for its high-quality computer motherboards.
- Gigabyte focuses primarily on gamers and content creators.
- These computers are powerful and robust, with a minimalist design without frills.
- Gigabyte laptops have excellent displays with exceptional color accuracy and higher refresh rates. For example, many models in the Aero range
- come with 4K UHD 300Hz screen options.
- Gigabyte offers an OLED option for content creators.
- Some models have mechanical keyboards with RGB per key.
- Most of the lines are highly customizable and offer borderless screen edges.
- So far, Gigabyte is not a consumer gaming brand.
- It has a limited selection of business laptops.
- Gigabyte laptops are expensive.
- The technical support is poor.
- Bad ventilation system for laptop. Many Gigabyte users find themselves needing to buy external cooling pads in addition.
- The battery drains quickly.
- Lack of design varieties and color options.
- The Best Gigabyte Laptops
- The most popular Gigabyte laptop lines are the Aero, Aorus and G series. Here are some of our favorite Gigabyte laptops to date.
Aorus 17G (2021)
The Gigabyte Aorus 17g (2021) is an excellent gaming laptop with an outdated design. The model is quite heavy (almost 6 lbs), which makes it difficult to transport. However, this laptop is an absolute powerhouse with excellent operating speed. It comes with a 300 Hz refresh rate display and a touch mechanical keyboard. The Gigabyte Aorus 17G offers incredible gaming capacity, on par with gaming desktop performance.
The Gigabyte g7 laptop incorporates a high-end 17.3-inch IPS display with exceptionally thin 3 mm bezels, with a screen-to-body ratio of 86%. It is a 144 Hz panel with frameless visuals, which is crucial in competitive games. For content creators and those who like to watch movies in ultra high resolution, the model has an NTSC color gamut of 72%, ensuring richer and more accurate color reproduction.
The model includes 11th generation Intel Core i processors and NVIDIA RTX 30 series graphics, supports Wi-Fi 6 technology and has a modern design.
Gigabyte Aero 16 Laptop
The Aero range is best suited for creators, allowing them to do heavy workloads and even play. The Aero 16 combines the best oled display with accurate colors, impressive CPU power and portability. However, this combination has a higher price. Nevertheless, the Aero 16 can compete with the recent MacBooks in terms of processor performance. In fact, many users report that it is much better for running creative Windows-based applications and programs.
The Taiwanese manufacturer has gained worldwide fame for its motherboards and graphics cards. But despite being primarily aimed at the gaming community, Gigabyte laptops can be a great addition to any dynamic office environment. Unfortunately, we need to see even more variety from the brand. Gigabyte laptops are definitely not for every budget. Perhaps creative professionals who can afford it will greatly benefit from what a Gigabyte laptop offers. Still, there are many decent affordable options for casual gamers. That said, We hope we have been able to shed some light on these “are Gigabyte laptops good?” question. Finally, if you have a used laptop for sale, do not hesitate to contact us for a quote.